Sunday, September 18, 2005

Update

Sorry for the delay in writing - it's been a crazy week. Last Friday, the director of Connectional Ministries of the Mississippi Conference of the UMC called & asked me if I would come to Jackson, MS to help them with the conference response to children post-trauma. He then called on Monday & said they'd found temporary housing for me & that I should come right away.

So, after frantically packing for 4 days of a new life, I headed to Jackson. I worked with the rest of the conference staff as we found housing for pastors who lost their homes, collected resources for churches who need to build new buildings, and discussed the stages of trauma recovery. Specifically, I will be formulating (with the help of many others who are much smarter than I) the way the conference will care for 1) pastors children 2)church children 3)new children in our communities who are displaced and 4) churches & children who were directly impacted by the storm. (Those on the gulf - when they rebuild)

On Tuesdsay, I was completely overwhelmed with my new life, and still have anxiety over all of the transitions. I have been asked to work full-time through Dec. 31, with a re-evaluation to come depending on where we are with the children's response, and where Moore Community House is in the process of rebuilding.

Currently I'm floating between staff members spare bedrooms'. I hope to find something more permanent this week while I'm there.

Thanks to all for the prayers and support.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home