Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Reasons why I LOVE living alone

I know, I know - those who know me well will laugh at the irony of this post. Still, it's something I've come to appreciate more, ESPECIALLY given my current situation.

...and these are in no particular order. i'm not THAT organized.

1. I can leave female "unmentionables" scattered around my bathroom for weeks at a time.

2. There is no one else to annoy by my constant 90-minute long snoozing.

3. I get all of the pillows in my bed (currently 3) ALL TO MYSELF.

4. I get the remote.

5. I can eat dinner at 8:30 at night and not do the dishes for 3 days. No one sees, and no one knows.

6. I do not feel compelled to keep the house clean, tidy, picked up or sometimes, even straightened.

7. I can live in the clothing of my choice.

8. I can watch Sex & the City for as many hours as I want.

9. There is no one at home waiting for me to do anything, so I can work late, go to the gym & go shopping - all on MY time.

Yes, I admit these are completely self-absorbed and trivial. That's just the mood I'm in.

There are also reasons I HATE living by myself.

1. There is no one at home waiting for me to do anything.

2. I eat dinner alone. Regularly.

3. There is no one to cuddle with before i go to sleep.

4. There is no one to cuddle with while i'm snoozing for 90 minutes in the morning.

5. Talking to my cats gets depressing, and besides, they don't talk back. They just look at me and blink.

6. Sometimes, extrinsic motivation to clean is a good thing.

7. Weekends alone get boring - even on the coast.

8. Cooking for myself isn't nearly as fun as cooking for 2. Cooking for 2 isn't nearly as fun as cooking for 4 or 6.

9. There's no one around to help me find my keys when I lose them.

2 Comments:

Blogger CGrim said...

heheh... so true, so true.

except for the "female unmentionables" part, which I would substitute with "boxers," which are, I believe, mentionable

good pros & cons post :)

11:10 PM  
Blogger Jules said...

This is what I would like to add (from those days... although my new roomie doesn't disrupt my groove too much.)

Pros:
No one to give you grief for sleeping in. I mean for REALLY sleeping in.

No one to disrupt when you're screaming at football game on TV (ahem).

Don't have to take turns with the couch/recliner.

No one to make fun of you for watching Arthur on KET at 11:30 AM on a Sunday.

Cons:
No one to make you feel somewhat accountable for all the junk you're eating at 11:30 pm.

When you're watching a great TV show (Sex & the City for you Becky, or say, The O.C. for me) there's no one to laugh/cry/scream with.

No one else to help take out the trash/clean up the kitchen.

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home