Tuesday, June 07, 2005

long-distance, here we come

Well, Max is moving this weekend to Alabama. It's been 6 months in coming, but today - TODAY - it finally hit me. Not when we were looking at houses or filling out applications. Not when we reserved the moving van. Not when we were packing up the house. Not when I filled out my Leave Request Form.

Today.

As I was driving down Beach Avenue, gazing over the gulf, squinting because I can't find my sunglasses.

I realized that there would be NO MORE mornings driving back from hattiesburg after a weekend of relaxing and fun.

I realized that my weekends would now involve ALOT more driving and ALOT less together.

These things made me sad.

Yes, I'm happy for him that he'll be back in Birmingham, his home of homes. Back among good friends, challenging ministry and supportive peers.

I'm actually jealous, because he'll only be 30 minutes from Jim, Lisa, Andrew & Reese.

But I'm sad for myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home