Thursday, May 12, 2005

My sister

My sister Holly, the one who has been with me through so much of my journeys that have taken me away from my family, the very one who I can call & talk with about anything - and I mean - ANYTHING... has betrayed me.

She's having a baby.

It was bad enough when she got married. No longer was I her lone confidant. No longer was I the chief one who could make her laugh.

But, I grew to love Matt as well, and now we ALL have a blast together.

But, her desire for a family outgrew her desire to be entertained by me via phone, so... in the way things like that usually happen... she's pregnant.

And Baby Girl Geisler (affectionally referred to in-utero as "Gia," "Isabelle," or "Cassa - Dee") will make her appearance sometime this fall.

And now, she's joined the elite group of motherhood - complaining of backaches, tiredness, and random (constant) hunger. No longer do we chat about nonsense - all of our conversations have taken on specific topics, in between feedings (of Holly, not the baby, yet!) We talk about decorating the nursery, shopping for maternity clothes, baby showers, naming of said children, and college funds.

But, I believe, in my heart-of-hearts, that my sister is still in there somewhere. Because, just the other day, I made her laugh while we were talking on the phone. And the topic of the moment wasn't a baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home