Thursday, March 31, 2005

Reconnecting

In the past week, I have reconnected with two friends from my other lives. One is a friend from my hometown - She and I haven't talked since ... I think our freshmen year in college. It was a shot in the dark to find her online, and we've exchanged a few emails since then. It's just feels comforting to reconnect with old friends.

The second friend is a young woman who worked in my office in Charleston when I was in graduate school. This young woman OOZED potential, and it was my treat to get to work along side of her as she developed and grew. It's even more amazing now, almost 4 years later, and after having not talked for almost 2 years, to pick up the phone & pick right back up where we left off. She's matured into a wonderful grown up whom I am glad to call my friend. AND - she's getting married! That makes 2 of the students who worked in my office. (Teri got married last year - expecting a baby this summer.)

It's a funny thing - reconnecting. It brings back memories that I thought were lost - brings back the part of me I thought I lost with the memories. It's good to know that it's not lost.

1 Comments:

Blogger Max Blalock said...

Awesome close about losing and finding through reconnecting.

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home