Friday, March 31, 2006

A Happy Friday

After many months of attempting to lose weight, exercise & generally be healthier, I did something I haven't done in a while, mostly b/c it's always depressed me.

I tried on my skinny jeans.

Now, for women who have never gained weight without being pregnant, or for men who are unfamiliar with the term, "skinny jeans" are the jeans that all women keep in the hopes of one day fitting again.

Such are the jeans I tried on a few weeks agon in a depression-state-cleaning-my-closet-on-a-friday-night. They went on, but wouldn't zip. i shrugged, took them off, and attributed something else to be depressed about.

i continued wearing the size "--" for the last few weeks, noticing (joyfully) that they were getting REALLY baggy & that wearing a belt was no longer optional.

This morning, I had a glimmer of the jeans when I was packing for my weekend in bham. I had already gotten dressed in the baggy jeans, and was turning around for a belt when the thought struck me - i might could fit into my jeans now.

so i kicked off my shoes, shimmied out of my jeans, and shimmied into the new ones.


THEY FIT.

They fit so well, I actually had to check the tag to make sure that they were in fact the Skinny Jeans, not a misplaced pair of baggy jeans.

I am delighted beyond all normal clothing standards for casual friday at work.

see post 2/16/05 for original jean drama.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cherie from the Queen of Free said...

woohoo for skinny jeans fitting once again. What a feeling!

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home