Friday, August 24, 2007

Much happier

Last weekend, I was ready to quit. James had gone 12 nights sleeping through the night and then 2 1/2 weeks of being up every 3 hours. (Right now, he's leaned over, drooling on the keyboard, trying to suck my thumb knuckle! Don't tell Max!)

And last Sunday, after I cried when someone asked me how I was doing, i decided that something needed to change. I refused (gracefully) to cave to his fussiness refusing to take a bottle. By sunday night, there was less fussiness. Not eagerness yet, but a certain acceptance.

Monday, we started the "no walking/nursing" policy for naps. Until now, james would prefer to fall asleep walking around, being sung to, or nursing. He preferred to sleep in our arms. I was going crazy.

So, monday at 9:30, we went to his room, read "goodnight moon" and turned out the light. he cried (screamed, really) for 14 minutes. 15 minutes - he fell asleep. he was then put in his crib (which usually woke him up) and slept for 40 minutes. I was thrilled. we repeated this throughout the day. bedtime - same story. he slept from 9:30 - 3:45 - max got him back down for another 2 hours. i nursed at 6. he was up again at 8. success.

This same story has repeated all week. he has slept fro 9:30 - 7:30/8:00 every day. he naps at approx. the same time every day, and has the same meal routine (cereal at lunch & dinner) every day.

He naps in his crib.

I have cooked dinner every night, and have managed to clean my house (with much help today) in preparation for his baptism on sunday.

I am a new woman, and my son is a happy, healthy, good sleeper.

next battle: falling asleep in his crib alone. we'll wait a while on that one. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home