Friday, February 17, 2006

A fun Friday night...



For the first time in a long time, I spoiled myself this week. I bought things for myself that I had needed for a while. Nothing extravagent - a Brita water pitcher to encourage the drinking of water; a new lamp for my bedroom to replace the one that got broken in my move out of Biloxi; a new shower liner; new boots for my trip to Baltimore/DC next week (2 for 1 sale at Shoe Carnival!)

I even - got my hair cut. Now, if you've watched my hair progression for the last 3 years, you'll remember The Haircut From Hell. Yes - even with picture in hand, she still butchered my hair. It took - indeed - 2 years to grow out, and the only way I succeeded in undoing the damage was to grow ALL of it out - one length. I added layers last fall, but even that was a mediocre haircut.

Slightly skeptical of professionals, I skidded in on my high from buying the cute boots on sale. I gave the most vague answer EVER - "something different, but not too dramatic." She pulled out a picture - and i trusted her.

And I am ever glad. I even took a picture of myself with my digital camera (Christmas present to myself) to show you! You can see my cute apartment in the background.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cherie from the Queen of Free said...

cute cut, babe!

1:57 PM  
Blogger Jules said...

Hey, your hair looks GREAT. And your apartment is indeed cute. I like your matching tablecloth and curtains (or at least they look like they match). Good job, miss decorator. Man, I can't believe I just called you that (how lame am I?) but I'm too lazy to change it. At least I can admit it.

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home