Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Best one yet

I'm done putting James to bed. By far, the easiest bedtime yet this week. We sat down in his room, read (with no tears) "Goodnight Moon" - which usually prompts tears by the time I've said "In the great green room..." He flipped the pages & played with the book for the first time. I turned the light out & we said "goodnight" to his animals & things in his room. We sat & rocked & I sang a song. He looked at me & watched me sing. I finished the song, and he kinda fussed a little. I sat him up & held him against my chest & rocked & patted his back. He sucked his thumb & blankie (a burp rag!). He was still a little restless, so I changed position - laid him down & let him rest in my arms. He tucked his head up against my elbow, grabbed a hold of my shirt and his blankie, and sucked his thumb. In about a minute, he was asleep. It was about as perfect a moment as it could be. I kissed his head, told him that we were going to his crib, and that I'd see him in the morning, and that I love him.

It's moments like this that make the 2;30 risings, the fussiness from teething, and the 3x/day spitting up on my pants less important.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home