Friday, December 14, 2007

new perspective

i've always thought myself to be compassionate, empathetic & kind.

and then i had james.

now, songs that i have always heard suddenly make me cry. stories make me angrier. politicians drive me insane. people drive me insane with the cruelty we impart on each other.

i can't do much about much these days, but i am glad that i do something. 'cause i want my baby boy to grow up in a better world than he was born into. i want my future children to know peace, not war. i want my grandchildren to have a safe community and planet to live in and be happy. i want to spend my days working for these things for my child, and because i've learned so much about love from HIM, i want these things for all children. (and not just the ones under 18). i want there to be safe communities EVERYWHERE. I want everyone to be able to go to the doctor when they just have a cough - just to make their nervous parents feel better. I want every child to fall asleep safe in his crib, sucking his thumb in pure joy, knowing that his parents are watching over him & keeping him safe. i want every child to wake up in his crib, flapping his arms in delight to see his parents, SO excited to see them again, just ready for another day of learning & living. these are the things i've gotten to experience with james, and i want them for other parents and their children.

they're lofty goals, and i may never reach them. but i'm sure as hell gonna try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home