Saturday, August 13, 2005

Me & my newest love




Me & Lucy Marie. We met on Friday night, August 12. We dined in the special care unit of the nursery. We bonded as I tickled her toes and tried to wake her up. We laughed about the nurses, her parents & her over-abundantly pink wardrobe. I assured her that though I live FAR away, I will ALWAYS be the best Aunt, and undoubtedly, the one who loves her the most. I promised to always take her side when she fights with her mother, and to spoil her rotten on her birthdays. I vowed to defend her against rogue boys and yet-to-come siblings, and to make the world a better place for her.

I amazed that something so little can capture so much of my heart. I thought for sure that Katie, Lauren, Julia & Andrew had taken all that I didn't need to survive.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cherie from the Queen of Free said...

She looks so perfect in that picture! Just like a little baby doll. Revel in the pleasures of auntdom.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Holly Putnam said...

Becky, A late "Congratulations" to you. She is precious. We are so excited for you!!

Also, we're praying for you as this Hurricane looks pretty close to your home.

Love, Holly

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home