Thursday, November 03, 2005

How???




How does my heart keep beating when so much of it is in Ohio? I don't understand.

Can you believe this beautiful baby? She's 12 weeks yesterday - 10 lbs, 8 oz - a far cry from the 4 lb 13 oz preemie that she was when I last saw her. I intend on spending all of Thanksgiving Holiday holding her & kissing on her & playing with - trying to imbed SOME memory of "the aunt that lives far away"

I am so proud of my sister & her husband for being the amazing parents that they are - I always KNEW they would be good parents, just by who they are, but seeing it lived out just confirms my beliefs. "my Lucy" is in good hands, and I am fully confident that she will grow up to be everything I ever wished for her to be.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's adorable Becky. I am sure that you can't wait to hug, kiss and squeeze her.
Maggie

1:49 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Doesn't she LOOK squeeze-able? There's a picture that Holly took of her with the caption of "could my head GET any bigger?" It's precious!

1:51 PM  
Blogger Cherie from the Queen of Free said...

what a beautiful girl... I spent plenty of years being the Aunt that lives far away. Now, it's great since Miranda (remember little Miranda who was born while I was at AC and is now almost 10!) comes to spend at least one week a year with me. This year I was blessed to have her for close to two weeks during the summer.

6:47 AM  
Blogger Jules said...

there couldn't be a cuter little girl. maybe i could borrow her just for a day to carry around and love on. ok, maybe not one of my BEST ideas... :)

have you seen Goblet of Fire yet?? it was great.

expect a call from me soon, i'm dying to debrief MS with you. i sent you a text right after i got there, but I don't think you got it - it was way too long.

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home