Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Trip to Biloxi

Hello All - just a quick note to let you know that
Carol visited Moore Community House today, and she
said my apt. is still intact! No word yet on possible
wind/water damage, but my fear of looters has been
resolved. Mold is spreading pretty bad throughout the
first floors of all of the buildings, so my desire to
get my things out while I can is even stronger.

Max, Neil (friend from Oneonta, Max's home church) & I
are headed down on Mercy Mission #2 to Biloxi. Mission
trip #1 to Hattiesburg on Sunday was successful -
dropped a trailer & van full of water/diapers/baby
food & formula, bottles & accessories to a local
disaster relief site north of Hattiesburg.

We plan on taking a truckfull of items to a red cross
shelter in Biloxi, as well as distributing water to
relief workers we find along the way.

Neil has also offered to help haul my things up here
for the meantime. THANK GOD for pick-up trucks.

I'll take pictures & post them tonight when we get
back.

Love to you all -
Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home