Monday, February 20, 2006

A great compliment

A friend of mine from back home in Ohio - actually, my jr. high boyfriend - emailed me today & offered assistance if I want to move back to Ohio. He selfishly admitted to wanting me back closer to home - that he missed having me around.

I was struck by the honesty with which he spoke, and the healthiness of our relationship - that after all these years of being friends and barely talking - that we're STILL friends and can enjoy each other's company. So many of my guy friends faded away after the "I Do's" - no fault of anybody's, just the way it was. So it was a delight to me to still have this great friend who has been around for SO MUCH of my life - to still be able to admit that he enjoys having me around town.

I'm still not sure what I'm going to do, but the more folks that tell me they want me in a certain place sure does make me think about things differently.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

Hmm, I had no idea new thoughts were rolling around the brain... although it makes sense. Let me know if Lexington makes your top 5. :)

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home