Friday, May 26, 2006

OH MY GOD!





My wonderful college & Post-college girlfriends sent me the most WONDERFUL bridal shower gift EVER. I mean, we registered for some really cool stuff, but even the quesadilla maker couldn't compare to my brand-new VIDEO IPOD!!!

Here's the origin of such a seemingly odd gift:

Julie (maid of honor, college roommate) came to visit shortly after max & I got engaged. we were talking about ipods - me, probably expressing jealously that she has not one, but two! I mused that I was secretly hoping to get one as wedding present from Max. She commented that it seemed a bit extravagent, and I should be happy with a wedding. =)

Then, unbeknownst to me, the plotting began. She secretly contacted all of my college & post-college girlfriends & had them contribute funds towards "the best bridal shower gift EVER." Conspired with max to arrange delivery and picture taking. (More to come... wanted to do this quickly) Arranged for cards from all girlfriends, and sent it down to bham. I got home to bham tonight & quickly set up camera & gift-opening. Julie said that I should expect the unexpected - i had no idea how right she could be!

Now, the tricky part is this: I was bored at work yesterday, and was looking at apple's website... drooling over their new macbook. I started looking around at their refurbished store, and found an ipod shuffle for 1/2 off. I splurged, and bought it for myself, to help jump-start my working out pre-wedding. I told julie, in my "mac-loving" state of mind, and she calmly responded to me, while sending a mildly frantic email to max.

he he he

now max can have an ipod, too... although, he won't be able to watch episodes of Grey's Anatomy or Sex and the City on his.

To all my girls: THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

Of all the wedding gifts to come, none will be as special, meaningful, useful or FUN!

2 Comments:

Blogger Cherie from the Queen of Free said...

hee, hee... I have been dying to tell you! Your look of surprise is classic in that one picture! Glad you liked it. :)

7:12 AM  
Blogger Philip said...

I think the title of your post should be, "OH MY POD!"

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home