Thursday, July 13, 2006

9 days... is anyone else counting?

A few months ago, a friends' friend in blogdom was getting married. Being of the same reality, I checked her blog regularly, just to see what I should be prepared for in the coming days. I found myself frustrated by her lack of blogging. didn't she know how much i was relying on her help? OH WAIT. I am an anonymous reader. She DIDN'T know.

I, this bride-to-be, have recently been chastised for my lack of blogging of late. As if quitting a job & trying to find a new one so i can pay for said weddng, moving, and planning a wedding weren't enough for some folks.

Along with this chastisement came an admonishment to return to the blogosphere, as I've heard it called. Lest I ramble, let me give a quick update on life in the Trask-Blalock household.

* All 4 cats are actually getting along - - for the most part. the occassional growl is still heard. The claws come out as needed. (As I'm typing this, I had to go break up a hissing match between Shadow (mine) and Buddy (Max's).

*Boxes are still unpacked. Boxes are still (and will remain) in storage until we move - which is dependent on where I get a job.

*Wedding plans are falling into place. If only I could find someone to write the thank you's for me, I'd be set! (Just kidding - I am very appreciative of all that we've been given.)

After spending almost 2 whole weeks together thus far, Max & I are still getting along! It's the longest time during which we've been together every day in 3 years - since he left Kentucky. (Not counting the whole post-katrina living situation. Those were dire circumstances.) My sister & her husband lived together for a year before they got married. I asked them a year later (post-wedding) if their relationship had changed once they got married, expecting a "no, we were together for so long... blah, blah, blah"... imagine my shock when hearing them both say "yes." I thought of this story a couple days ago when I found my self NOT freaking out about something that previously bothered me at max's house. (now my house!) knowing that i'm here (and that he's here) for the duration makes things different. the little things can't be so annoying, cause otherwise i'd be pissed off all the time. and they really didn't matter that much to begin with, after all.

Yesterday morning, amidst all of our running around, Max & I were talking, and he said something to the effect of "You're going to be a wife." and, of course, in return, I said " you're going to be a husband." ... it's amazing how much weight those simple words have. "Getting married" "Bride" "Groom" don't have as much baggage as "husband" "wife" - - to the point that i heard recently of a couple who referred to each other as "bride/groom" because they didn't want to associate themselves or each other with the baggage that comes with "husband/wife." I think labels/titles are really important, and can affect how we function.

I kinda like the labels/titles/nicknames that mak & I have for each other. (sorry for the high self-disclosure, honey)

"Love." "Beautiful."

Getting married is hard work, and it has nothing to do with planning the events associated with it. But, I'm also learning, it's the most wonderful process in the world.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cherie from the Queen of Free said...

Yeah for you. (insert smiling breath here). You're almost there. Sorry I've been MIA on IM. I'm a crazy woman. To answer your questions, 1) I'm not sure if we'll be in on Friday or not yet. Depends on B's vacation schedule and whether or not my mom's available early and 2) No Anna this trip. She's going to my folks. :) See you soon.

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home